FBI Safe Online Surfing
Game & Exam Instructions
- Using the “Select Grade” drop down button, choose your grade level. Then, click the “Let’s Go!” button.
- Read the introductory text and click “Let’s Go!”
- Inside the game, use the left/right/up/down directional arrows on screen or on your computer keyboard to move your robot character.
- Move through the game and click on each animal character with a big red exclamation point over its head. Then, click the green action button. Read the text and follow the on-screen instructions to answer the question. Continue to the next animal character and finish all questions.
- As you move through the game, you will see a series of floating coins. Collect the coins by moving your character through them.
- In the upper left of the game page, you will see a star counter, a question completion counter, and a coin counter.
- The completion counter shows how many questions you have finished. You must complete all questions (for example, 6/6) to finish the game.
- The coin counter shows how many coins you have collected. Collect these coins as you move through each game.
- The star counter shows how well you have answered the questions. To get all three stars, you must collect all of the coins and answer each question correctly on the first try. The coins and stars are just for fun—you do not need them to finish the game.
- After you complete the first game, return to the island map. The remaining games can be played in any order. Each game will show three stars on the map after you have finished it.
- When you have completed all of the games on the island map, click the “Take the Test!” button that appears on screen.
- You do not need to finish the program in one sitting. However, when you close your web browser and return later to the island map, your progress in completing the games will not be saved. Please make a note of which games you have completed before closing your web browser, and ask your teacher for additional instructions.
- Enter the numeric test key provided by your teacher to take the exam.
- Answer the questions on the exam as instructed. Questions come in the form of multiple choice and fill in the blank.
- Questions and answers are randomly generated, so each student does not receive the exact same exam.
- You have 30 minutes to complete the test. You will receive a higher score for completing the exam more quickly.
- After taking the test, you may wish to print and save your results and any questions you may have answered incorrectly.